Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Week #53

June 26, 2012
 
Hope that Bear Lake was fun!  I'm sure it was.  A lot of my friends out here have been talking about taking a Lake Powell trip after this is over, I'm way stoked for that. Bear Lake sounds fun too! Any good stories that you guys have from going this weekend?
 
My week was pretty good. Nothing too new.  Sorry I didn't email yesterday.  We got to go to the temple today so yesterday was just a regular day. The temple was really good today and I needed it very much. We only get to go so often if we serve on the islands the temples are on, and that is only on the big island or Oahu.
 
We have seen major progression with Brother Arume and it's been really cool.  I'll share this story with you real quick. So a new technique that our President has us do when we tract is offer a prayer to the families so that might open the door up a little bit. Well, my companion and I felt inspired to knock on a street right before an appointment.  One of the last houses we knocked on, an older woman answered. We were talking for a minute and and I asked her all of a sudden how many kids she had.  I'm not sure why I asked that.  Anyway, she said that her daughter had just died that day and that she is a member of our church but inactive.  Well, we offered to say a prayer and she let us in to her grieving non member family. It was by far the coolest experience on my mission. I know that God leads us to people even if it's just for a few minutes.  He cares about every single one of us. 
 
Have a wonderful week!!!!
Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment