Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Week #44

April 23, 2012

So first things first, we had a baptism this past Saturday. For Tatum Spencer. She is 12 years old and she has been trying to get baptized for a few years it just never worked out. We started teaching her and she wanted to be baptized so bad. She set her own date and the night before her baptism she was pretty sick but she was in Ewa Beach (Ewa is pronounced like Evuh) which is an hour away so we couldnt give her a blessing, but she still wanted to be baptized the following day. Elder Lepule and I prayed super hard for her and what do you know the next day she was feeling all the way better. It was a great baptism and a great experience. I was blessed to be a part of her baptism and was able to be the one to baptize her. There is nothing better than the gospel of Jesus Christ! For real it's true happiness and it's truly what life is all about! We are way close to that family now we are going over there tonight to start her after baptism lessons. Her family is all members except her older brother but we will try to work with him. I'm excited!
 
 We are also teaching a lady named Malia Mataele, I think I've told you a little about her. her husband is an RM and very active and she has been coming to church for 11 years and has been taking the discussions. She is finally going to be baptized! May 26th is when we are shooting for her date. Her sons are in the mainland going to school and playing football. one goes to Snow actually, I don't know him, it' is his first year there. She is awesome and she is definitely ready. I'm so stoked for this baptism!
 
Wow good for Ben peterson and Jordan Taylor! That's awesome. They will be good missionaries. So many people are leaving from our ward.  How many is that going to be once they all leave? 10?  That's so many! Its crazy to see the differences in the church like here than Utah. Here wards have maybe one or two missionaries out, but no matter where we go the church is the same which is the good thing! Tell them congratulations for me!
 
That's good Jake is registered again for school.  I got an email from him so I'm excited. Let's see any more news on Austin getting engaged? I email Austin and Caleb frequently. I love all of you.  I just want to tell you that. But right now I'm loving Hawaii. I love these people. Some of my best friends are here and I will be devastated when I have to leave. I don't hear from Maddy anymore.  I hear from Keeshia every week. We strengthen each other through our trials. She is dating some BYU football player, I bet they get married. I think my release date is like June 13th or something. It's just the Friday the transfer is over that I'll be home. So people pretty much figure it out on their own. I cant wait to come back here with all of you.  For real, I'm so stoked.  My companion is teaching me how to break open coconuts and stuff and I'll be able to show you guys all that when we come back. Can't believe Dad is already requesting work off.  That's so crazy. That proves how fast time is flying by.  I'm sure this next year will fly by. Some of my good friends I've met on my mission are going home and it's sad. I'll miss them for sure.
 
Lets see i don't have anything new really to say. the work is going good.  I love Kaneohe. I love Hawaii. The church is SO TRUE.  I love it. I just wish i would have applied the gospel earlier in my life.
 
Love
Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment