Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Week #41

April 2, 2012
 
How was Cali? Sounds like some fun! Hope it was fun! Sounds tiring though, I'm sure youre pretty tired! Well today is pday as you know and some of our members came over to the house today (we live with a member) to climb coconut trees. It was so hard! My feet are torn up from it haha.  It was so fun though.   My samoan companion taught us how to do it.  The members are the Mecias' from Boise Idaho. Me and Chris Mecias have become way tight, he is cool. I think he added me on Facebook.
 
Conference was great!  I loved it and I know I need to improve on a lot. we watched at the Keolu Hills chapel.  It was mostly us missionaries in the zone that were there because the sessions were at 6 am and 10 am. So it was all good. Then we went to priesthood session with Chris Mecias. It was cool.  The second session on Saturday the Mecias' made us breakfast.  We spent a lot of time over there this weekend.  Then Sunday we watched it as a zone at the chapel. In between sessions some sisters in another ward made us a huge breakfast!  It was so good! They are all missionary moms. I know that you would do the same exact thing!
 
My favorite talk was probably Elder Hollstrom's. About how being active in the Church and active in the gospel are two different things. We could be active in church but not live the gospel principles out side of church. I loved it.  I need to work on a lot. They also talked A LOT about how we need to stop judging so many people. President Uchtdorf said simply "Stop it" -  it was great.
 
The baptism isn't until the 14th of April so about 2 weeks away, but other than that the work is tough here. We walk so much and talk to so many people but people won't listen. It's tough! No new stories or anything. I really like my companion and hope we stay another transfer together.  I'm almost out a year. So freaking crazy! I hear it's all down hill the second year, which makes me sad. I was laying in bed the other night thinking about the time when I will be done and it made me sad.  I don't want to leave here.  There is so much to do and I love the people so much that I never want to leave.
 
So PROPET is the name of a shoe. and a size 10 would be good. Also I NEED A NEW SUIT COAT.   Mine still fits but it's not too comfortable.  My address before I forget is 45-657 Puohala Street . I think that's the number. Two big coconut trees in front.  We live in a studio in the house.
 
Love 
Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment