Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Week #42

April 9, 2012

Can't believe I've been out for 10 months!  So crazy!  But I'm trying not to focus on the time, just work.  I'm loving the mission and don't want to leave. Ever. I love it. I love the people.  I love the gospel.  I love everything about a mission. The challenge, the hard work, the families, the trials. I know it will all be worth it.  Thank you so much for the Easter package, that meant a lot! I love the tie and the shirt, thank you so much for all the candy too! It was just what I needed! Tell Nan thank you too!  I'll be sending her a letter today. Thanks for sending my companion a package, I know it bugs him when I get mail and he doesn't get anything and I feel bad for him. But I know this package will help him out a ton so thank you so much mom!!!
 
Elder Lepule is his name and he is from Western Samoa.  We came to Hawaii at the same time but he was in the MTC a little longer to learn English but we technically came out together.. He and his older sister are the only members his parents and the rest of his 4 siblings are not.  He came on a mission in hopes to convert his mom.  He is a great guy. Tough to deal with sometimes but I love him. So yesterday for Easter was a typical Sunday. We had church starting with ward council from 7 am then the Kaneohe 2nd ward from 9-12 then another meeting in the Kaneohe 1st ward from 1-4. It was a long day but good too.  I've definitely appreciated holidays more ever since being on a mission and looked at them with a different more spiritual perspective.
 
That's awesome Paige brought Chalyse to church.  She has always been a good missionary.  Good for her! Chalyse is the little cute blonde one yeah?  That's awesome.  I bet she will be baptized too! that will be great! That's crazy that Austin is getting engaged! that's good though, does his girl still go to church regularly?  That's the hardest thing for us here is keeping recent converts active.  It's so tough. We had some good success this week . We found a new investigator and commited another to baptism on April 21. Her name is Tatum and is 12.  She is way excited to be baptized. We were supposed to have a baptism this week for Peyton who is 26 but he is still smoking but we know he will be able to quit by next month he already has said that he has lost the urge almost... so good things are happening over here in Kaneohe and I love it.
 
As a district leader I have three other elders in my district.  I train on topics at district meetings every Tuesday and conduct baptism interviews.  If the elders in my district are out of line I have to take the fall for it.  It's definitely teaching me a lot which is good.
 
I hope everyone is good. I can't wait to talk to you on Mother's Day! Only a month a way almost so crazy! This time last year I was going through the Temple.  It needs to slow down but I hear the second year goes by so much faster.  I'm going to be so sad when this is all over.
 
Love
Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment