Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Week #45

April 30, 2012

I'm doing pretty good how are you? Lets see....Saturday it was Mormon Helping Hands. The only day of the year that we get to step on the beach!!!  It was cool. I had to take advantage of it haha. Glad you liked the picture of us on the beach!Love you mom!!
 
So something amazing happened on Sunday. So we have been working with this part member family named the Arumes. Sis. Arume is very active and has been through theTemple but her husband is not a member. His son was just named the bishop in my last area on Kauai so I'm real close with this family. He has been taking the lessons for awhile but never has even wanted to come to church and says he doesn't want to be baptized "right now". So we go over there once a week and teach him a lesson with his wife. So we always say "we will see you at church Brother Arume!"  He always just laughs.  He is about 5'4 and is Japanese.  So, anyways come Sunday we were walking into the church and we saw him sitting in the chapel with Sis Arume! We were so excited!!! haha it was so great!  We ran over to him and gave him a huge hug!  It was so amazing. Keep him in your prayers, this man is ready he just doesnt know it yet!  It's the first time he has ever been to church on his own willingness.
 
 I got the shoes, thank you sooooo much!  I love them.  They are so comfortable.  I was actually thinking about just sending the old ones home. They are full of holes and are disgusting.  I'll send them home.
 
So the Chris person that took that picture is from Boise. He and his family moved here to see what it was like.  I love that family.  We are way close in fact his wife snuck up behind me while i was typing this haha!  I'll definitely be keeping in touch with them when I get back.  He added me on Facebook I believe. Chris Mecias.
 
Paige has a good head on her shoulders haha. She is too funny!  Tell her I like the shocka picture her and Zach are doing in the prom picture. He looks like a cool kid.
 
I love the Grays and I'm going to give them the Book of Mormon when I get home and they will read it.  Tell Tim I found a replacement for his coffee. It's called Coco Samoa.  It looks like coffee but has the same amount of caffeine. It's samoan hot chocolate made from the real cocoa bean.  My companion made it for me. It's super good. My companion and I are getting along great.  He is awesome. I sure love the kid. We are working hard. We walk all over and don't have a whole lot of investigators but the ones we do have are pretty solid and should be baptized soon.
 
So yeah nothing too new here either.  The transfer is halfway over.  All my friends are starting to go home which is kind of sad but whatever.  I like where I'm at in Kaneohe and don't want to leave.  I love it here.  I hope I'm here for a couple more transfers. But other than that nothing is too new.  Thank you for all you do!
 
Love,
Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment