Monday, June 18, 2012

Week #39

March 19, 2012

The new area is good. It's definitely a work in progress though. Some cool experiences to start this week off. So last Wednesday we had dinner with the Elder's quorom pres. and his wife who is not a member. She has been taking the lessons for 11 years and is waiting for "a sign".  We were able to teach her a way good lesson and it was super spiritual. Just how the spirit speaks through our feelings with love, joy, peace (Galatians 5:22). We invited her to be baptized and she said she would pray. After we left she had a feeling that we talked about and she told her husband she is ready to be baptized! It is way cool. She is waiting for her sons to come home from College. One plays football at Snow, I didn't know him though cause this is his first year. So miracle number one right there.
 
Miracle number 2: We have a district leader training meeting every Friday and so I was with a different elder than my companion and we had to pick our companions up some lunch because we ate without them. I had a feeling to go to McDonalds.  Ha, weird I know. So we went in and the lady at the register said "HEY ELDER HUDSON!" I didn't recognize her at all. She said "It's Kanani from Makaha!" This girl was my VERY FIRST LESSON when I got to Makaha on my first day of my mission. She was not in a good situation when I first taught her, but now she seemed so happy, it was so cool. I asked if we could still teach her, we were never able to baptize her, and she said of course, so we got her number and will start teaching her this week. I love the Mission, it's so crazy!!!! Just another testimony that means I'm supposed to be here I guess haha.
 
So we are walking..... no bikes, it's tough. We aren't able to see a lot of families each day which sucks.  It seems like we aren't getting any work done but we work so hard. I hope they give us a car soon. Even our zone leaders say we need a car, but we will see.
 
Glad you like the photos. Send the memory card back when you can and I'll send the one I have now which has a lot of Kauai pics on it that you were asking about. Before I forget, Facebook Eva Hoopii and tell her I'm in Kaneohe and I cover HPU. I never got to say bye to them but I'm covering where their daughter is in college. I want to see if we could teach her cause she is unbaptized. Maybe just give them my number cause I tried to get theirs but it isn't the right one or something. Actually just ask for her number, I'll call her. She loves you.
 
I forgot about the address. I'm sorry, I'll get it next week.  We are in a studio that is pretty small but I really like it. I like this area, I feel so much better since I left Kauai, even though I loved it there I was really stressed.
 
Sherm came to my farewell, Lexie's fiance. He is the one that you said looked like Brian Hermanson haha. He is so cool! That's awesome for them. Tell them to send me an invite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could you possibly get Sherms' address for me?
Who is Anndee Carter getting married to? That is good for her!Tell her to send me one too! Keeshia is great, we will be friends forever.  Alissa wrote me a letter . She is great.  Austin emails me, havent heard from Caleb in awhile. I miss them. Havent heard from Maddy.
 
Paige will be fine with this kid.I've seen the way his dad handles kids who get out of line, if there are any problems Officer Cameron won't put up with it. I don't think he remembers me. I always talked about the Yankees with him though. He was cool.  Anything else new? Tell everyone I say hi! I'm enjoying Kaneohe, we are about to play some flag football so it will be fun.
 
Love,
Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment