Monday, June 18, 2012

Week #37

March 5, 2012

Things are good. I'm getting transferred to Kaneohe. It's on Oahu and apparently it's the prettiest part of Oahu. I've been called as a District Leader. President Dalton called me last night and said "How are things on Kauai?" I said great and I never want to leave. He Said "well I'm going to shake your world up a bit, you've been called as a District leader".  I'm bummed I'm leaving but excited to move on.  I don't know the Lord definitely prepares us when we are about to leave. It's crazy. Like I felt like I was leaving like two weeks ago so I think I'm ready.  I'll miss the people for sure but I'm excited for a new area. Volcano lava spilling into Hanalei Bay? What the heck?  I haven't heard anything about that. I know it's been raining for like a week straight. It's crazy. Apparently it rained for 42 days in 2006. So that would be crazy if it happened again, but haven't heard any thing about the lava?   Interesting. The work slowed down this last week. Nothing happened it was a slow week. 
 
I met up with Jake's friend David, and the way it sounded it sounded like Jake is still the same. I definitely can see how a mission would have helped him in his life.  It's broken me down and made me realize that I'm nothing, but I know that if  I trust in the Lord then he will make me something. He has helped me to become more patient, definitely has humbled me, helped me feel loved, helped me question everything I've known. He has made me work to find out if this is true or not. Yesterday I was reading Teachings of Joseph Smith. And I asked myself a question in my head, "Was Joseph Smith really a prophet, did he really see what he said?" Soon as I asked that an overwhelming sense of peace and love came into my mind and my heart. It was really cool.  The mission is awesome. Tough as heck, but way awesome.
 
God works very very mysteriously, and everything He does for us is to strengthen us. Freak I don't want to do this mission thing everyday but I know it's going to strengthen me.  So packing for transfers is stressful we usually sleep at the zone leaders pad the night before we fly out. It's a fun time.  I'm excited and nervous. We will see how it goes. I haven't sent home my card yet because I've been printing pictures for signing journals. signing journals is like a memory book, I guess you can say. We give it to elders that are transferring and they sign it and put pictures in it for memories and their information as well.  It's pretty cool.  So that's why I havent sent it yet but it's on its way.  I'm excited to get a new companion I feel stress free now kind of haha. So Paige is almost done with the Book of Mormon? That's awesome! What about you and Dad? Have you guys ever read it together? Can't believe she is going to prom soon. Can't believe she is a junior. I can't believe Jake is engaged and I'm 20 years old. where has the time gone! So crazy.
 
Give them Chet & Arda a big hug for me! I sure do love them. I'll pray for them too. I pray for you guys every night and I thank you for the examples that you are for me!  Remember, it's only when we apply the gospel in our lives and obedient to the commandments when the blessings start to come. I love you so much! Thanks for EVERYTHING you do for me!
 
Mahalo nui loa! Ofa lahi atu.
Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment