Monday, June 18, 2012

Week #36

February 27, 2012

Hey!

So yeah, I think we are going with Jakes friend tomorrow or something. He seems cool.  I'll tell him lots of things to tell you guys don't worry. Speaking of pictures, I'm sending my memory card home.  I put a new one in my camera and now I can't find my camera!!! I'm sure it's around somewhere.
 
So a typical day in the mission field:  Wake up at 6:30, go running on the bike path by the beach, eat breakfast, by 8 we are studying personally, then from 9 to 11 we companion study cause I'm still with a greeny.  We have 2 hours of companion study. Then we usually take lunch at 11 and then start our day at 12. Tracting, contacting, finding, inviting people to get baptized and then we have dinner with a family. We share a message with them then go and try to find more people to teach. We have an area book with names of former investigators and recent converts and less actives that we try to go see each day too. We then return to our pad by 9 plan for the next day and go to bed. It's pretty much the way you see it on the movies. In bed by 1030 haha.
 
Things are going well with my companion. Transfers are coming up, I'm ready for a new one but I'll miss the area if I leave. We have found 14 new investigators in the last 5 weeks but none are progressing which is frustrating but what can you do.
 
K you guys NEED TO SEND ME PICTURES OF WHATS GOING ON!!!!!! I havent seen one from sweethearts or anything.  I'm sending like 500 pictures home tomorrow.  So I think I could use a couple!
 
That's funny about the blue goat. Was it Bingham?  Did they find out who did it?  K so good for Jake and Melina, thanks for the pictures you sent me of them. Glad they are moving forward.  Glad to hear Kevin is home. Tell him I say whats up and give him a big hug for me. That's good Melina is asking questions. Dad you could answer most of them probably better than anyone.  So the work is picking up, dad you asked about Virginia, she said that she almost went back to being Catholic because the Jehovas Witness missionaries ruined her faith in God. Then we tracted into her and she loves us teaching her. She has prayed and says she feels happy when she reads the Book of Mormon. She wanted to know if she could be with her family again forever so we taught her the Plan of Salvation. She doesn't want to feel rushed to be baptized because that's what the jw's did. So she is super solid! I hope I can be here for her to get baptized. We also tracted into a tongan kid named Sova.  He said we could come back and teach him. We went back the next day and he said his sister would be joining the lesson too. His sister pulled up and she was laughing, we thought she was laughing at us, then she sat down right as we were bearing our testimonies and I said "you probably wonder whats going on with what we are teaching" she said "no I was baptized a Mormon 4 years ago".  How crazy is that!  She knew everything.  She was laughing cause it reminded her of the missionaries teaching her. Miracles I'm telling you. The Lord truly puts people into our path!! I think I will be getting transferred. I'll let you guys know by next week. 
 
I miss you guys and love you guys so very much! Thank you so much for all your support and all you do for me!
Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment