Monday, January 23, 2012

Week #30

January 16, 2012
Howdy. This week was pretty fun. Nothing too new. We have two new investigators and we feel pretty good about one of them for sure. Her name is Betty and she is 86 years old. Her son has cancer and she has lost all faith in Christ. We showed up one day and asked her if she would allow us to show her Finding Faith in Christ. She said yes and she loved it. We left her a Book of Mormon, our testimony and a return appointment. She is way cool. Said she would read and pray about the Book of Mormon. I went on exchanges with my zone leader Elder Ence. Me and him have become great friends here. We were able to go to Sam Thronas' and paint a cow chute. I'll send pictures. We were able to bury a dead cow too. Elder Ence is from Ivins Utah and he is a cowboy for sure so he was at home. haha. Then we ate dinner with the Thronas family, they are one of my favorite families here on Kauai for sure. We went to mass and it was cool, nothing special but cool. The lady we went with is coming to church this week with us. So I'll look for Sister Nielson's niece. what's her name and when does she come out? I know the Temple President's name in Laie but i can't remember.... but that's cool! What is new with all of the family? Keep up FHE. It is awesome. No i don't cover Princeville. We eat with Aunty Bev tomorrow so that should be good. Eva came to church last week but not yesterday. That's ok. Baby steps. I can definitely tell a change in her since she came to church and has started putting the gospel in her life. Thank you for adding those people for me. Tati and her husband just got baptized. That was a little hard for me cause I knew them so well and wasn't able to be a part of it. but that's ok. We are finding a lot of new investigators which is good. How is drill going? Please no drama. Thats something you don't need to worry about. How is the ward doing? Whats new in Riverton? The transfer ends next week and I'll be with my greeny for at least one more transfer. We are working very hard and the miracles are coming from it. Well that is about it here. Nothing new or exciting. I'm going on 8 months now. Sure doesn't feel like it. I'm enjoying it. Struggles here and there but its all good. I asked my ward mission leader for a blessing yesterday. He reminds me so much of dad and I trust him a lot. We talked for a long time and told me that when I pray don't ask for help or anything. just be grateful. grateful for everything. So I'm trying it and it's working. I really like it. Well mom we have a lesson soon. I love you so much!!!!!! Thanks for all you do and your example.
Love, Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment