Monday, November 14, 2011

Week #12

Well lets see, we have one investigator with a baptism date for October 8th. His name is Jaymen and he is 15 years old! He is a great kid and loves church. I'm way excited for that. We also have a new investigator named Brian. He and his wife divorced she was a member but he never was. We went over and talked to him and he was sick so we asked if he needed a blessing. He said no and we went on our way. This past week he called us and asked if he could meet with us. He said that nobody had ever asked him if he needed a blessing before and he knew that he needed to change and said he is really considering Baptism. So that sure is a miracle right there!
I've almost been out 4 months, pretty crazy! That's 4 months longer than I thought I would be out. This definitely is the toughest but the most worthwhile thing that I've ever done. I truly have felt myself become a better person and I needed that. I wonder what I'll be like when I come home.
I haven't gotten any packages yet. I'll be looking forward to them! K so, I could use some of my t-shirts, I can wait a little while for you to send them. I just ruined some doing service. Thanks for sending me ties that was a need!
No I didn't hear from Shawn Morley. That's too bad cause I was looking forward on seeing him! Dang it! Maybe another time though. I did get a letter from their daughter Krystal though it was the funniest letter. This is what it said, "Hi Elder Hudson, I wish I could see you in person. I'm doing good just so you know and my teacher is great. How is hawaii? I want to get married in the Hawaii temple. Do you have any cool stories? I would love a story" I'm going to write her back and send her a picture of the Laie Temple. Speaking of which we get to go there this Friday. I'm so excited! It takes 2.5 hours to get there from where we live but I'm so excited to go there! We are working so very hard, and when I work hard I notice my days go a lot better and I'm able to focus more on the things I should be focusing on. I would love my white keds by the way! and my black Nike socks if you can find them. Oh so the church has this great DVD called Mormon Messages, they are the best videos ever! Anyway you could find that for me and send it? We use them in lessons and it really brings the spirit to our investigators. You guys would love them too! Nothing else has really been going on that's too exciting. Some people have wanted to fight us, but we just walk away. People are so prideful here, if they went to the mainland they would be in for a shock. We get to watch general conference at the stake center. at 6 am! it will be good though, I'm excited. Tell everyone from the ward hi. Especially Bishop Nielson and Bishop Lipscomb.
Hawaii is starting to feel home to me now which is good. A lot of people think I'm a local boy haha. My hair is even more blonde.
What else is new at home? how is Jake and Paige? Tell everyone hi for me. How is drill going? Have you found an assistant? I need more girls to write me...haha! Soon enough I'll be able to call home! Have a great week!
Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment