Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week #9

Hi Everyone,

This week was ok. Something just clicked the other day. I felt like this really is what I need to be doing. It's like another step in my life that I always needed to have been doing. Austin was right when he said there would be good and bad days. This is the most important thing that I can be doing with my life right now. This is the most important thing that we could all be doing in our lives - living the Gospel. Everyone gets caught up in worldly things and they are not important! Sure, I miss things at home, but when it come down to it, they aren't important and I can't take those things with me in the next life. We have the Gospel and each other and that's what is most important.

Time is flying by. I can't believe I've been gone for almost three moths. We helped a married couple move. The wife reminds me of Alice Gibbons so much. Her name is Lesle Brown and her husband is Vincent Brown. He is from Hurricane. They gave us (the missionaries) a couch and we were so excited. Later that night we visited a less active guy that asked us to bless his non-member brother's house that lives by him. He felt an evil spirit there. We walked into the house and there was NO furniture. He just got out of a nasty divorce. So we went back the next day and surprised him with our couch. It was a good feeling - we definitely didn't need the couch.

We have a lot of investigators, but they really aren't progressing. Thanks for putting my name in the temple, dad - it means a lot! I really felt the spirit this week! We are in the process of working with a lady named, Dolly. She's like 50 years old and doesn't shave her armpits!

I love you all. You make me keep going stronger and I couldn't do this without you. Thanks for you examples. Talk to you soon!

Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment