Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week #6

This week we had dinner with our favorite family, the Browns. Sister Brown reminds me of Alice Gibbons and Brother Brown is from Hurricane. His name is Vincent, see if the 'shaws know him. This week we committed a girl, Danielle, to baptism finally. They have been working with her for 6 months and she finally decided to get baptized. We visited a man named Jack who was way less active, and while we were teaching him I had a specific prompting to ask him to to come to church Sunday and he said he would. He came and he wants to receive the Melchezidek Priesthood. That alone strenghtened my testimony. Alma 38 helps me when I'm struggling. Read it and you'll see why.

Glad you like the pictures. Sorry it took forever to send them, it's so busy allllll the time! I miss Jake and Austin. Austin looks way grown up and so does Jake. I really liked the pictures of TJ's wedding. Thanks for sending those.

The burning of the pants was that missionary's 18 month mark. 6 months is a tie, one year is a shirt. 18 months is pants and when they are pau ("done" in pigeon) they burn a suit.

The work here is so good! I never want to leave this place! There are so many cool families. The Forsythe's are one of our favorite families to visit. I knew their nephew at Snow - crazy!

I am learning to play the ukelele from Brother Forsythe so I can have some new talent to show the ladies back home.

I can definitely start to feel a change in myself It's a very good change. I definitely look at things a lot different. The Lord is always with us.

Love,
Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment