Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week #7

Hi!

I'm writing letters to choke people at home and will send them to you. Choke means "a lot" in pigeon.

This past week went really well. We finally baptized Danielle. I confirmed her in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. The ward here is so awesome. Everyone loves the missionaries. Elder Brough got transferred. My new companion is Elder Robbins from Payson. He knows a girl that I cheered with at Snow named Saige Bertschi. It's a very small world!

I have learned to trust in the Lord which is the most important thing that we could ever do! I'm enjoying it and I'm starting to see the people that I've been sent here for. We are all very blessed. I look at the way we live compared to the people out here. I can't tell you how many 11 and 12 year olds I have seen smoking and drinking. It's so messed up and I can't believe it. We are blessed to be who we are and a part of the true and everlasting gospel.

I wrote a letter for Nate Allred and Justin Welburn. They all wrote me while they were in Fish Lake and I already had these letters ready to send them.

I'm still on the same street and in the same place. I'm in charge of the area cause my new companion hasn't been here before. We have 20 investigators right now. We are working and trying so hard. It's so hard to commit people to coming to church and living the commandments. But we will keep working with them! Elder Robbins and I went to see a lady that Elder Brough never wanted to go see...she is now taking the lessons and she wants to get baptized. The work is good here in Makaha! Elder Robbins is cool, he is definitely country and grew up on a farm. Dad would really like him, haha!

I love the gospel, I love Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven.

Love,
Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment