Monday, July 11, 2011

My week was pretty good. No stabbing situations, but I did crash on my bike pretty bad. The Lord watches over his missionaries because I definitely could have been hurt worse than what I was. I will send my memory card home asap. I got your package! Thanks so much, I missed my robe. And it was nice to get some treats because we don't have a lot of time to shop and everything is so expensive. Milk and cereal alone costs $13.00. So I don't think I'll be eating much cereal.

We have 4 baptisms this Saturday. A man named Roman Kahala and his sister in law, Ann Marie. They are a marshallese (?) family and they have come a long way. There is a young girl named Laysha who is getting baptized as well. She is 10 and very excited. Then a 20 year old woman named Danielle. She and her already member boyfriend are getting married and then baptized right after the marriage! I think that's pretty cool. I'm definitely starting to like it here. I'm way tan which is great and my hair is getting more blonde. I checked out the blog and I love it, I got a little teary eyed looking at the pictures but this will go by fast. I can't believe I've already been out a month...haha...only 23 more to go.

The mission has already opened my eyes to how evil this world really is. Satan is so real and we see him a lot out here. It definitely made me realize how important it is to honor the Priesthood each and every day that we live. I wish I could go back and never make the mistakes I made. That's what the Atonement is for, and we are so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives.
I love my area. It's definitely ghetto but I feel very very safe. I know we are protected. I don't like tracting, because everyone is smoking weed or doing meth when we try to teach them. My mission president is an amazing man. He is awesome and so loving.

That's awesome about Derek Jeter. Too bad I missed it! Oh well, I've stopped caring about sports really. I miss music, haha. Everyone is blasting rap music out here in the ghetto. Oh yeah, before I forget, I think my companion is baptizing two of those investigators and I'm baptizing the other two. I think.

Everyone is so chill out here and just don't care what people think. We could use more of that in Riverton/Utah. The two elders my companion and I live with are cool. One is 6'5 from Fiji, and the other is from St. George. He is pretty cool. We are 4 hours behind here so that's why it takes forever for me to email you. P days are just like every other day pretty much. I do have some cool pictures from the ocean - I can't wait to send home. I know this is where I need to be. It just feels right and that's all there is to it. I would maybe like a new pair of the same shoes that I have. We walk a ton too and I can already tell that these shoes won't last a lot longer.

It's crazy how the Lord works on 19 year old boys, Satan works on them, too. If we felt the Spirit all the time, there would be no need for faith. We just need to keep having faith and blessings will come.

Love,

Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment