Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First Area ~ Makaha, O'ahu

Aloha!

Ah, I finally get to email everyone. I'm in the ghetto of Hawaii, in a place called Makaha on the west side of O'ahu. I've already been threatened of getting stabbed, but it's ok...I'm ok!!! No need to freak out - it wasn't a big deal.

My companion is Elder Brough from Syracuse, Utah. He is way tight. I like Hawaii, but I'm still adjusting to putting everything behind me and focus on the work. Some days I want to come home, but then I think of you guys and know I need to stay to help others be with their families.

The work is good. We have 14 scheduled baptisms in July and that is just me and my companion. We are leading the zone, and maybe even the mission this month, but we will see what happens. I loved talking to you and dad on the phone. I'm sorry I never spent time with you and dad the way I should have.

How is drill? How is the drama? My address is, and always will be, the mission home in Honolulu. What's new at home? I am already tan, haven't gained any weight because I'm riding a bike about 15 miles a day. We eat way good and I love the food. The ward is awesome and very welcoming. I had to bare my testimony in sacrament meeting because I was the new Elder. It's a very tiny ward. Very, very tiny. I'm picking up the pigeon language pretty well. I know I'll come back talking funny.

I miss everyone. It's still hard adjusting here and everything. I'm having a hard time forgetting myself and losing myself to the mission. My mission president is awesome. A very loving man. People are very open to living the gospel, but I really am in the straight up ghetto. It's pretty scary. I'm going to try and upload pictures right now, but I'm going to send this first in case the computer kicks me off. Thanks for all you do for me. You guys are my strength. I love you!

Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment