Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Week 72

November 6, 2012
 
Hi Mom and Dad!!!!!
Sorry these last few weeks have been kind of boring emails or no emails at all. We have been crazy busy especially today. We had a baptism today! it was quite a miracle. Her name is Musa and we have been teaching her for about 3 months now. She is related to our bishop and she is from American Samoa. Her family is strong catholic and she agreed to meet with us. We invited her a lot to be baptized but she kept saying "i need to learn more" so we kept teaching her and kept teaching her. She comes to church every sunday! I've even seen her pay tithing at church! Yesterday our bishop announced in church that she would be getting baptized on monday. My companion and I just looked at each other and were like "well that's cool." we had no idea that she wanted to be baptized!
We talked to her after sacrament and she said she finally felt ready. So today at her baptism it was awesome to see her so happy. I was blessed to be a part of her baptism. After she got baptized she gave her testimony. She said she knew that this is exactly what she needed to be doing at this time in her life. and that she has never been more happy. It was probably one of the best nights of my mission for sure. I love the Tongan people so much. They truly care about everyone and they are great missionaries. It's cool because they will sing hymns in tongan right up until the person gets baptized. It was a testimony building experience and i'm so grateful and blessed to have been a part of it.
Tonight during the baptism i did a lot of reflecting on my mission. Not wanting it to end. Being out here has changed my life forever. I will never be the person i was before I came on a mission as long as i keep being faithful to God. Things are going really great here in Hawaii. I'm blessed to be here.
Dang mom it was cool to see the Miller family getting sealed! I had no idea that was even happening! That's awesome! I bet it felt good and I know Pop is super happy right now. He as well as the others who have moved on are super happy and are watching over us for sure.
Thanks for sending all those pictures dad! and mom too. Happy birthday!!!!! Ok honestly when you said you were turning 50 I didn't believe it. I honestly thought you had a couple more years till then! How is everything going with you dad? Your birthday is coming up soon too haha. i can't believe that i'm turning 21. i'm getting old haha. I'm excited to spend another birthday here in hawaii but can't believe it's my last one. Well Mom and Dad i sure do love you both. Here is a couple pictures from today. One is from "The spouting cave" our zone went to today and they other is of Elder Mafi, Musa, and Me at the baptism. I LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!!!! Thank you for all that you do. You guys are the best. I'll talk to you guys soon!!! Ofa lahi atu! Jesus Christ LIVES!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment